The neutralising value of a liming material is expressed in terms of the percentage of calcium oxide expressed in calcium carbonate equivalent. By taking a sample of soil and testing the neutralising value we can help determine the levels of liming material in your soils. The test is carried out using hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide until the whole solution is neutral and reads a pH of 7.0. The quantity of sodium hydroxide used correlates to a particular neutralising value on our provided data sheets.
Our initial full test kit comes equipped with everything you need to conduct the test yourself, in your own time and on your own land.
- 1 Digital Scale (2 AAA Batteries included)
- 1 Sieve
- 1 Collection Container ( A )
- 1 Larger Testing Container ( B )
- 10 Small Testing Containers ( C )
- 1 Small Dropper Bottle ( D )
- 1 Large Dropper Bottle ( E )
We also offer kit refill options so that you can continue testing when the reagents from your initial test kit run out.
Refill Option 1:
- 10 Refills of Hydrochloric Acid ( C ) – Small Testing Containers
- 1 Refill of Sodium Hydroxide ( E ) – Large Dropper Bottle
Refill Option 2:
- 1 Refill of Phenolpthalein Indicator – ( D ) – Small Dropper Bottle
* Return your empty containers to us for a 5-10% discount on your next refill.
To order either of our test kits please fill out the form below and our office will be in touch with you soon.
PLEASE NOTE: The field test kits provide an approximate result. The accuracy of this field test is not guaranteed. For definitive accurate results please send your sample to Liquid Labs WA.’